Procurement objectives are dominated by ensuring the best value for the company, whilst ensuring security of supply.
To meet company needs, procurement is organised to work with operations across the company, with a central purchasing team for raw materials & shipping and lead buyers for alloys, refractories, rolls, metals, IT and bulk gases.
Other categories, including scrap, goods and services, are co-ordinated across the procurement network where there are points of overlap and value can be created.
Complementing the category organisation, procurement teams are also organised geographically to support all the business operations across the world.
- Ensure a single face to the market
- Maximise value and innovation through both our supplier & end user relationships
- Seek contract relationships that represent fair value for all stakeholders
- Align and integrate our objectives with those of our end-users in the development of sourcing strategy
- Support deployment and use of common tools and standards across procurement
- To facilitate compliance across the business units
- Maintain highest level of ethical standards, transparency in dealing and compliance to Code of Conduct