Our electro plated steel products are used for diverse applications in the automotive industry. These products include:
- nickel-plated strip material for fuel lines (NICOR®)
- copper-plated strip for brake lines and friction materials
- NiZn-plated strip for head gaskets and other corrosion-resistant applications
- high-precision strip for bearings
To satisfy the very latest automotive standards, our total quality management (TQM) system ensures compliance with exacting specifications for:
- tight dimensional tolerances
- material composition
- coatings and material thickness
The quality of our pre-plated steel strip gives automotive components the perfect finish and delivers years of reliability.
In the highly competitive automotive environment, Tata Steel’s cold-rolled and plated steel products offer several benefits. Our products can:
- help to speed up component production
- enhance component quality
- enable innovative solutions
Our comprehensive range of pre-plated steel options means greater design freedom for customers in the automotive industry. Our range includes a wide choice of metallic surface finishes.
Safety and environment
Our products help customers to produce safe and environmentally-friendly cars and automotive components. In addition to being fully recyclable, our cold-rolled and plated steel products offer significant performance benefits. These include:
- very high levels of corrosion resistance against bio fuels and de-icing agents
- heat resistance at temperatures over 200 C°
- outstanding collision performance against leaking or splitting
We are a leading producer of copper-plated cold-rolled steel strip. Our customers include many of the world's major brake line manufacturers.
The automotive industry relies on tubes made from nickel-plated, cold-rolled steel to deliver fuel from the tank to the engine. The superior corrosion resistance of our tube material makes it the ideal choice for new ecological fuels.
Excellent deep drawing, advanced non-earing qualities make our strip the perfect choice for bearings applications.
Our new high-strength strip material with nickel-zinc or nickel coatings offers a lot. It can be used to replace stainless steel in gaskets - providing customers with cost-saving opportunities. Its functional performance can be further enhanced with graphite coatings.
To avoid stress corrosion cracking, we offer flexible stainless steel tube material with corrosion-inhibiting protection.
Our development engineers and sales team are here to help you.
For more information please contact us at: TSP.firstname.lastname@example.org