Insulated, secret-fix, smooth faced wall panel that provides a high-end architectural appearance
Trimapanel® flat is an insulated, secret-fix, smooth faced wall cladding that is quick and easy to install for fast build times. Available in 70mm, 90mm and 120mm insulation thicknesses and bespoke lengths up to 12m to minimise waste and provide U-values down to 0.17W/m2K.
Trimapanel® flat is available in Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® pre-finished steel in a range of sizes, shapes and colours, and the extensive fabrication options, offers a design flexibility that enables architects to create unique and modern design solutions.
The panel can be laid vertically or horizontally. The unique secret-fix joint design allows primary fixings to be hidden from view, which combined with the panel’s flat surface provides outstanding smooth external aesthetics.
If you have any questions or for further information click here to contact us.
Provides modern, high-end aesthetics
- Unique secret-fix joint design allows primary fixings to be hidden from view, which combined with the smooth flat face provides outstanding external aesthetics.
- Flexible design allows vertical and horizontal panel installation.
- Available with a wide range of flashing options, ancillaries, integrated window, integrated louvre, fabricated corner and curved panel options
- Available with Platinum® Plus system guarantee of 25 years, covering a pre-approved range of reputable, high-end components.
- Colorcoat HPS200 Ultra® or Colorcoat Prisma® pre-finished steel used as standard, offering a wide range of colours and long-term performance for up to 40 years with the Confidex® Guarantee.
Independent product verification for risk free specification
- Approved to FM Class 4880 and 4881 to an unlimited wall height.
- LPCB (Loss Prevention Certification Board) approval to LPS 1181 Part 1 helps reduce insurance premiums and assures reaction to fire performance.
- Fire resistance performance of 15 mins insulation and 4 hours integrity achievable with enhanced fixing methods (horizontally or vertically laid).
- Manufactured in factory conditions operating to quality management standard BS EN ISO 9001:2015, environmental management standard BS EN ISO 14001: 2015 and occupational health and safety management scheme BS EN ISO 18001:2007.
- Product specification and performance in accordance with BS EN 14509, European Product Standard for CE Marking.
Excellent sustainability credentials
- Lower air permeability of the system reduces energy costs, carbon emission rates and facilitates compliance with Building Regulations (Part L2 & TH 6).
- Full traceability of all component materials and certified ‘very good’ to BRE’s responsible sourcing standard BES 6001.
Basic technical data
|Thickness (mm)||70, 90, 120|
|Maximum length (mm)||12000|
|Minimum length (mm)|
|Weight based on thickness in mm (kg/m2)|
Panel manufacturing tolerances*Panels ordered below the minimum on-line length will require off-line cutting and will be subject to a surcharge.
(L = length of measurement between high points)
|For L = 200mm, 0.6
For L = 400mm, 1.0
For L > 700mm, 1.5
|Cover width (mm)||+/- 2|
|Thickness (mm)||+/- 2|
|Squareness (mm)||< 6|
|Length (mm) < 3m||+/- 6|
|Length (mm) > 3m||+/- 10|
Tolerance is in accordance with BS EN 1450
The Trimapanel® flat system complies with the minimum requirements of the Conservation of Fuel and Power sections of the Building Regulations, Approved Document Part L2, England and Wales and Technical Handbook – Scotland. The panel construction offers highly consistent insulation performance, and the site-formed junctions provide a practical and effective method of ensuring good thermal performance.
|Thickness (mm)||U-value (W/m2K)*|
The Trimapanel® flat system has been tested to LPS1181-1 and is LPCB approved to both Grades EXT-B and EXT-A. Fire resistance performance of 15 mins insulation and 4 hours integrity is also achievable with enhance fixing and methods, contact the technical department for details.
The panel achieves an internal surface reaction to fire Class B s2 d0 rating in accordance with BS EN 13501-1.
Following rigorous structural and fire performance testing with FM Global, Trimapanel® panels have achieved FM Approvals certification to the following stringent standards:
4480: Class 1 Insulated wall and ceiling panels
4481: Class 1 Exterior wall systems (unlimited height)
Specifying and installing FM Approved products will provides assurance that the products have been objectively tested and confirm to the highest international standards. FM Approved roof and wall panel’s means you can be confident that your building envelope will withstand a broad range of fire and environmental risks and be safe throughout its lifecycle.
To obtain the correct fire specification for your project please click here to contact us.
The acoustic performance of the Trimapanel® flat system has been predicted using software developed by the Department of Applied Acoustics, University of Salford, under a research contract funded by the Metal Cladding and Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA). The results below are based on a 70mm core.
|Frequency (Hz)||SRI Values (dB)*||Frequency (Hz)||SRI Values (dB)*|
*The predicted sound reduction index values should only be used to provide guidance for preliminary design and/or appraisal of cladding systems.Weighted S.R.I Rw = 28.9dB
BIM: The way you want it
The DNA Profiler has been designed to allow you to access Tata Steel’s product information (3d parametric objects & data) how you want, when you want, to the level of detail you want, in the format you want.
|Trimapanel Micro Rib 70mm||BIM DNA Profiler|
In addition to our DNA Profiler, you can access our BIM content at BIMobject here or alternatively follow the links on our individual product pages on this website.
In addition to our DNA Profiler, you can access our BIM content at BIMobject.com
|Trimapanel® micro-rib insulated wall panels||BIM Object|
The launch of Optemis Carbon Lite is an important step in our ongoing decarbonisation journey. It demonstrates our progress and represents a unique solution for customers in the form of a flexible, lower CO2 steel offering.
Optemis Carbon Lite is a fully certified in-setting scheme with CO2 savings achieved from implemented projects, verified by a 3rd party auditor, DNV, and credited to our CO2 bank. Our continued commitment to decarbonisation means reductions in CO2 emissions can now be passed on to our customers, enabling them to achieve immediate Scope 3 emission savings.
Revenues generated from the sale of Optemis Carbon Lite declarations are used to fund additional decarbonisation projects, generating further CO2 savings to be verified by DNV and speeding up our decarbonisation efforts.
By buying Optemis Carbon Lite from Tata Steel UK we, and our customers, will be actively contributing to a reduction in atmospheric CO2.
Find related downloads below for your project specification:
We offer a range of face to face and online CPDs aimed at Engineers and Architects
These free seminars can be booked at any time between 9am and 5pm. Our online webinars can all be delivered via Skype for Business and Teams, but we can consider other platforms if this will not work for your practice.
Below outline the CPDs we have available - Book yours today
- Decarbonising your structural hollow section designs
- Essentials of Structural Hollow Sections
- Welded Joints in Tubular Steelwork - Eurocode 3 Part 1-8
- Concrete Filled Hollow Sections - Composite Design – Eurocode 4
- Composite Floor Deck in Construction
- Structural Roof Deck in Construction
- Specifying metal clad envelope systems in accordance with ADB2 of the building regulations and the value of large scale system testing
- RIBA 2030 climate challenge: How steel building envelope solutions contribute
- Pre-finished steel standing seam systems for roof & wall cladding
- CDM regulations 2015 and their impact on steel building envelope specification.
- Steel building envelope systems for non-domestic buildings
- Steel for roof and wall cladding