- 200µm durable, abrasion-resistant topcoat.
- Comes with leathergrain emboss.
- Available in the most popular colours in standard sizes.
- Galvanised substrate to BS EN 10346:2015 offering good corrosion resistance.
- Available with a performance guarantee up to 25 years including factory cut edges, which now covers use under Photovoltaic (PV) frame modules.
- High performance reverse side backing coat as standard.
- Manufactured in the UK by Tata Steel, who have a proven track record in pre-finished steel.
- Fully REACH compliant and free of chromates.
- Made in the UK and certified to BES 6001 Responsible Sourcing Standard.
Colorcoat® LG is carefully manufactured in a controlled process to ensure consistent quality.
Colorcoat® LG is only available in the UK and Ireland.
To ensure the integrity of Colorcoat® products, Tata Steel uses laboratory tests to measure their performance against corrosion, effect of sunlight, chemicals and abrasion. All testing of products is carried out in specialised laboratories to international standards.
|Gloss (60°)||(%)||15-35||EN 13523-2|
|Scratch resistance||(g)||> 3500||EN 13523-12|
(Taber, CS10 2x1kg, 250 Rev.)
|(mg)||< 12||EN 13523-16|
|(J)||> 18||EN 13523-5|
|Adhesion (cross hatch)||(%)||100 Pass||EN 13523-6|
|Minimum bend radius||(T)||OT 16°C||EN 13523-7|
|Reaction to fire||Class C-s2,d0†||EN 13501-1|
|Fire performance of roof coverings||BROOF(t4)††
The figures contained in this table are typical properties for solid colours and do not constitute a specification. These figures relate to the topcoat. For details of test methods see www.colorcoat-online.com
† Valid for all gauges ≥0.46mm and all colours for single sided product.
†† Valid for all gauges ≥0.4mm and all colours for all single and double sided products.
††† Valid for all gauges ≥0.4mm and all colours for single sided and 200/100 option.
Colorcoat® LG comes with an external performance guarantee of up to 25 years, including factory cut edges. This is made available through the cladding system manufacturer or distributor.
The guarantee now covers the use of Colorcoat® LG under photovoltaic (PV) frame modules on a new roof or wall and provides confidence that installing a PV array will not have a detrimental effect on the performance of the pre-finished steel. The guarantee allows PV frame modules to be installed at any point throughout the guarantee period, providing it has been registered through the system manufacturer or distributor and ensures the building will still be covered for the remainder of the guarantee duration. For more information and terms and conditions, including the new PV addendum please contact the cladding system manufacturer or distributor.
Colorcoat® LG guarantee cover
|CD1||25 years||25 years||20 years||20 years|
|CD2||20 years||15 years||15 years||10 years|
1. Guarantee periods quoted are applicable to UK and Ireland only and exclude individual domestic residential applications.
2. Figures under coastal heading are buildings within 2km of the sea.
3. Full terms and conditions of the Colorcoat® LG guarantee are on the reverse of the guarantee application form available from Colorcoat® supply chain partners.