EN-Construction-Product-Celsius hot finished hollow sections - Celsius weathering grade | Key features
- Fully normalized structural hollow sections, compliant with EN 10210:S355NH
- Normalized fine grain steel, so free of internal stresses and with a minimum strength of 355N/mm2 allowing the highest fabrication factors and enabling material cost savings and lighter structures
- Supplied normalized and compliant to both ‘NH’ and ‘J2H’ classifications
- Available in a wide size range of square (40 x 40 x 3.2mm to 400 x 400 x 16mm) rectangular (50 x 30 x 3.2mm to 500 x 300 x 16mm), elliptical (300 x 150 x 8mm to 500 x 250 x 16mm) and circular (42.4 x 3.2mm to 508 x 16mm) hollow sections
- Tight corner radii (<2T) exceeding the standard - enhancing the product’s aesthetic appeal whilst avoiding the risk of brittle fracture which occurs in some cold formed products
- Excellent dimensional consistency, high levels of formability, suitable for galvanising and, because the steel is fully-killed, excellent weldability
- Fully compliant with CE marking and certified as suitable for all structural applications; overcomes design risks associated with other forms of hollow sections
- Certified as suitable for mechanical applications, especially those involving cyclical loading
- Suitable for low temperature applications (40J @ -20°C)
- Batch-tested to give the properties of the specific delivered material; full test certification supplied
- Clearly marked as Celsius® S355NH, and supplied with a 3.1 test certificate for the reassurance of batch traceability
- Full technical support available
- Excellent supply availability through approved stockholders
EN-Construction-Product-Celsius hot finished hollow sections - Celsius weathering grade | Mechanical properties
High strength hot finished hollow sections suitable for all construction and mechanical applications. Celsius® weathering grade is suitable for all internal and external applications to BS5950-1:2000, EN1993 and BS5400.
Celsius weathering grade hollow sections are supplied with a minimum yield strength of 355 N/mm2 and comply fully with the European Standard for hot finished structural hollow sections.
ReH min N/mm2;
|Elongation % min
L0 = 5,65 √S0
10mm x 10mm
|T ≤ 16mm||3mm < T ≤ 100mm||T||ºC||J|
Chemical composition % by mass
|C max||Si max||Mn||P max||S max||Nb max||V max||Al total min||Ti max||Cr max||Ni max||Mo max||Cu max||N max|
Celsius weathering grade is produced from fully-killed steel – critical to formability and weldability.
Inspection and testing
Celsius weathering grade hollow sections are subject to specific inspection and testing and are supplied with an inspection certificate.
EN-Construction-Product-Celsius hot finished hollow sections - Celsius weathering grade | Dimensional tolerances
Dimensional tolerances EN10210: Part 2
Celsius weathering grade is manufactured to the tolerances defined in EN 10210: Part 2. Tighter tolerances are available on request and if you require specific tolerances in excess of this, please contact us.
|Outside dimension (D B and H)||Circular ±1% with a min of ±0.5mm and maximum of ±10mm
Ellipticals ±1% with a min of ±0.5mm (The permitted tolerance
is twice the value for H<250)
|±1% with a min of ±0.5mm|
Note: Positive deviation limited by mass tolerance
Note: Positive deviation limited by mass tolerance
|Squareness of side||-||90 degrees ±1 degree|
|External corner profile||-||2T max at each corner*
(EN10210 has 3T max)
|Concavity/convexity (x)||-||– ±1% of the side, measured independently
of the tolerance on the outside dimension
|Twist (V)||Ellipticals: 2mm plus 0.5mm/m max
(The permitted tolerance is twice the value for H<250)
|2mm plus 0.5mm/m max
Section is placed on a flat surface with one end
held flat. At the other end the height difference of
the two lower corners is taken
|Mass (M)||±6% on individual lengths||±6% on individual lengths|
|Straightness||Maximum 0.2% of the total length & 3mm over every 1m length
Ellipticals: The permitted tolerance is twice the value for H<250
|Maximum 0.2% of total length & 3mm over every
|Out-of-roundness (O)||Circular 2% for hollow sections having a diameter to thickness
ratio not exceeding 100
* Unless shown otherwise
EN-Construction-Product-Celsius hot finished hollow sections - Celsius weathering grade | Dimensions
Celsius weathering grade is available across the size range indicated in the tables, minimum order quantities may apply. Intermediate sizes may also be available. For further information or specific requests, please contact us.
Celsius weathering grade is available in standard lengths from 6.0m to 14.5m for sizes up to 100/100 or 120/80 and up to 15.3m for all other sizes.
|Circular hollow sections (CHS)|
|Square hollow sections (SHS)|
|Rectangular hollow sections (RHS)|
Celsius weathering grade is manufactured and CE / UKCA marked according to EN 10210-1&2:2006 grade S355NH.
All Celsius products are manufactured under Factory Production Control conditions and FPC certification is available upon request. The full Declaration of Performance for all of our Celsius range can be downloaded from our DoP download centre.
EN-Construction-Product-Celsius hot finished hollow sections - Celsius weathering grade | Free design support
Our team of dedicated engineers are on-hand to support engineers to make the most of our range of Celsius fully normalized hollow sections.
Email us on email@example.com or phone on +44 (0)1536 404561 to speak to the team.
We also provide a number of free tools to make your specification of Celsius hollow sections as simple as possible:
- Celsius design app - for quick and easy sizing of hollow sections (iOS and Android)
- The Blue Book – the definitive guide to designing across our full range, including all sectional properties
- Welded Joints calculation software
- Firesoft for designing concrete-filled, fire-resistant columns
- BIM Objects – available to download from our innovative BIM DNA Profiler
We offer a range of face to face and online CPDs aimed at Engineers and Architects
These free seminars can be booked at any time between 9am and 5pm. Our online webinars can all be delivered via Skype for Business and Teams, but we can consider other platforms if this will not work for your practice.
Below outline the CPDs we have available - Book yours today
- Decarbonising your structural hollow section designs
- Essentials of Structural Hollow Sections
- Welded Joints in Tubular Steelwork - Eurocode 3 Part 1-8
- Concrete Filled Hollow Sections - Composite Design – Eurocode 4
- Composite Floor Deck in Construction
- Structural Roof Deck in Construction
- Specifying metal clad envelope systems in accordance with ADB2 of the building regulations and the value of large scale system testing
- RIBA 2030 climate challenge: How steel building envelope solutions contribute
- Pre-finished steel standing seam systems for roof & wall cladding
- CDM regulations 2015 and their impact on steel building envelope specification.
- Steel building envelope systems for non-domestic buildings
- Steel for roof and wall cladding