- Weathering steel forms a dense patina which protects it from oxygen, slowing corrosion for a useful life of 50 to 120 years.
- Weathering steel doesn’t need any further protection eliminating, in most cases, the need for galvanising, painting and ongoing maintenance.
- The natural and evolving patina of weathering grade Celsius® blends in perfectly with the natural environment.
- All Celsius® hollow sections are true hot finished, so free from internal stresses and with tight corner radii to maximise weldable-surface and enhance aesthetic appeal, whilst avoiding the risk of brittle fracture which occurs in some cold formed products.
- The corner radius on squares and rectangles is 2T max. This exceeds the requirements of EN 10210:2006.
- Weathering grade Celsius® has a low CEV of 0.44 max. This guarantees excellent weldability.
- Suitable for galvanising (where necessary) and for low temperature applications (40J @ -20°C).
- Batch-tested and fully traceable, supplied with a full 3.1 test certificate.
- All Celsius® sections are CE marked and fully compliant with the Construction Products Regulation.
- Available in a wide range of circular, square and rectangular hollow sections with a wall thickness up to 16mm.
- Full technical support in material selection and application available.
High strength hot finished hollow sections suitable for a wide range of construction and mechanical applications. Weathering grade Celsius® is suitable for all external applications to European and American design standards.
|Elongation % min
L0;= 5,65 √S0
10mm x 10mm
|T ≤ 16mm||3mm < T ≤ 100mm||T||ºC||J|
CEV value exceeds the requirements of S355J2WH, prEN 10210 (2016).
Chemical composition % by mass
|Mn||0.5 - 1.5|
|Al total min||0.02|
|Cr||0.4 - 0.65|
|Cu||0.25 - 0.4|
- Chemical composition meets or exceeds the requirements of S355J2WH, prEN 10210 (2016).
- Available in grades S355J2H and S355K2H.
- Chemistry and mechanical properties comply with ASTM A847
- The steel is aluminium-killed.
Inspection and testing
Celsius® Weathering Grade hollow sections are subject to specific inspection and testing and are supplied with an inspection certificate type 3.1 to EN 10204.
Dimensional tolerances EN10210: Part 2
Celsius grades are manufactured to the tolerances defined in EN 10210: Part 2. Tighter tolerances are available on request and if you require specific tolerances in excess of this, please contact us.
(D B and H)
|Circular ±1% with a min of ±0.5mm and maximum of ±10mm.
Ellipticals ±1% with a min of ±0.5mm (The permitted tolerance is twice the value for H<250)
|±1% with a min of ±0.5mm|
Note: Positive deviation limited by mass tolerance
Note: Positive deviation limited by mass tolerance
|Squareness of side||-||90 degrees ±1 degree|
|External corner profile||-||2T max at each corner*
(EN10210 has 3T max)
|Concavity/convexity (x)||-||– ±1% of the side, measured independently
of the tolerance on the outside dimension
|Twist (V)||Ellipticals: 2mm plus 0.5mm/m max
(The permitted tolerance is twice the value for H<250)
|2mm plus 0.5mm/m max.
Section is placed on a flat surface with one end held flat. At the other end the height difference of the two lower corners is taken
|Mass (M)||±6% on individual lengths||±6% on individual lengths|
|Straightness||Maximum 0.2% of the total length & 3mm over every 1m length.
Ellipticals: The permitted tolerance is twice the value for H<250
|Maximum 0.2% of total length & 3mm over every
|Out-of-roundness (O)||Circular 2% for hollow sections having a diameter to thickness ratio not exceeding 100||-|
* Unless shown otherwise
Celsius weathering grade is available across the size range indicated in the tables, minimum order quantities may apply. Intermediate sizes may also be available. For further information or specific requests, please contact us.
Celsius weathering grade is available in standard lengths from 6.0m to 14.5m for sizes up to 100/100 or 120/80 and up to 15.3m for all other sizes.
|Circular hollow sections (CHS)|
|Square hollow sections (SHS)|
|Rectangular hollow sections (RHS)|
Celsius weathering grade is manufactured and CE / UKCA marked according to EN 10210-1&2:2006 grade S355NH.
All Celsius products are manufactured under Factory Production Control conditions and FPC certification is available upon request. The full Declaration of Performance for all of our Celsius range can be downloaded from our DoP download centre.
Our team of dedicated engineers are on-hand to support engineers to make the most of our range of Celsius fully normalized hollow sections.
Email us on email@example.com or phone on +44 (0)1536 404561 to speak to the team.
We also provide a number of free tools to make your specification of Celsius hollow sections as simple as possible:
- Celsius design app - for quick and easy sizing of hollow sections (iOS and Android)
- The Blue Book – the definitive guide to designing across our full range, including all sectional properties
- Welded Joints calculation software
- Firesoft for designing concrete-filled, fire-resistant columns
- BIM Objects – available to download from our innovative BIM DNA Profiler
If you have any questions or for further information click here to contact us.