- Fully normalized structural hollow sections, compliant with EN 10210:S460NH
- High strength steel, enabling at least 20% weight saving and reduced carbon footprint, compared to an S460 strength section, when used in strength-limited applications
- Normalized fine grain steel, so free of internal stresses and with a minimum strength of 460N/mm2 allowing the highest fabrication factors and enabling material cost savings and lighter structures
- Available in a wide size range of square (40 x 40 x 3.2mm to 400 x 400 x 16mm) rectangular (50 x 30 x 3.2mm to 500 x 300 x 16mm) hollow sections
- Tight corner radii (<2T) exceeding the standard - enhancing the product’s aesthetic appeal whilst avoiding the risk of brittle fracture which occurs in some cold formed products
- Excellent dimensional consistency, high levels of formability, suitable for galvanising and, because the steel is fully-killed, excellent weldability
- Fully compliant with CE marking and certified as suitable for all structural applications; overcomes design risks associated with other forms of hollow sections
- Certified as suitable for mechanical applications, especially those involving cyclical loading
- Suitable for low temperature applications (40J @ -20°C)
- Batch-tested to give the properties of the specific delivered material; full test certification supplied
- Clearly marked as Celsius® S460NH, and supplied with a 3.1 test certificate for the reassurance of batch traceability
- Full technical support available
High strength hot finished hollow sections suitable for all construction and mechanical applications. Celsius® 460 is suitable for all internal and external applications to BS5950-1:2000, EN1993 and BS5400.
Celsius 460 hollow sections are supplied with a minimum yield strength of 460 N/mm2 and comply fully with the European Standard for hot finished structural hollow sections, EN10210:S460NH.
ReH min N/mm2
|Elongation % min
L0 = 5.65 √S0
10mm x 10mm
|T ≤ 16mm||T ≤ 65mm||T||ºC||J|
Chemical composition % by mass
|Al total min||0.02|
Note: CEV ≤ 0.45.
Celsius 460 is produced from fully-killed steel – critical to formability and weldability.
Inspection and testing
Celsius hollow sections EN10210:S460NH are subject to specific inspection and testing and are supplied with an inspection certificate type 3.1 to EN10204.
Dimensional tolerances EN10210: Part 2
Celsius grades are manufactured to the tolerances defined in EN 10210: Part 2. Tighter tolerances are available on request and if you require specific tolerances in excess of this, please contact us.
(D B and H)
|Circular ±1% with a min of ±0.5mm and maximum of ±10mm.
Ellipticals ±1% with a min of ±0.5mm (The permitted tolerance is twice the value for H<250)
|±1% with a min of ±0.5mm|
Note: Positive deviation limited by mass tolerance
Note: Positive deviation limited by mass tolerance
|Squareness of side||-||90 degrees ±1 degree|
|External corner profile||-||2T max at each corner*
(EN10210 has 3T max)
|Concavity/convexity (x)||-||– ±1% of the side, measured independently
of the tolerance on the outside dimension
|Twist (V)||Ellipticals: 2mm plus 0.5mm/m max
(The permitted tolerance is twice the value for H<250)
|2mm plus 0.5mm/m max.
Section is placed on a flat surface with one end held flat. At the other end the height difference of the two lower corners is taken
|Mass (M)||±6% on individual lengths||±6% on individual lengths|
|Straightness||Maximum 0.2% of the total length & 3mm over every 1m length.
Ellipticals: The permitted tolerance is twice the value for H<250
|Maximum 0.2% of total length & 3mm over every
|Out-of-roundness (O)||Circular 2% for hollow sections having a diameter to thickness ratio not exceeding 100||-|
* Unless shown otherwise
Celsius S460NH is available across the size range indicated in the tables, minimum order quantities may apply. Intermediate sizes may also be available. For further information or specific requests, please contact us.
Celsius S460NH is available in standard lengths from 6.0m to 14.5m for sizes up to 100/100 or 120/80 and up to 15.3m for all other sizes.
|Square hollow sections (SHS)|
|Rectangular hollow sections (RHS)|
|Circular hollow sections (CHS)|
Celsius 460 is manufactured and CE marked according to EN 10210-1&2:2006 grade S460NH.
All Celsius products are manufactured under Factory Production Control conditions and FPC certification is available upon request.
Our team of dedicated engineers are on-hand to support engineers to make the most of our range of Celsius fully normalized hollow sections.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on +44 (0)1536 404561 to speak to the team.
We also provide a number of free tools to make your specification of Celsius hollow sections as simple as possible:
- Celsius design app - for quick and easy sizing of hollow sections (iOS and Android)
- The Blue Book – the definitive guide to designing across our full range, including all sectional properties
- Welded Joints calculation software
- Firesoft for designing concrete-filled, fire-resistant columns
- BIM Objects – available to download from our innovative BIM DNA Profiler
If you have any questions or for further information click here to contact us.