Benefits of HyperForm grades
Developed to meet your need for affordable lightweighting
Developed by Tata Steel for the automotive industry, HyperForm grades are significantly more formable than their standard equivalents.
The enhanced formability enables robust processing and can improve press shop yield. It also enables the design of more complex shapes. The optimised stretchability of the HyperForm product range allows the replacement of conventional HSS and enables affordable lightweighting compared to standard AHSS/UHSS grades.
HyperForm's advantages for vehicle designers:
- More design freedom in part shape due to its extra formability
- Cost effective weight saving through upgrade and down gauging possibilities
HyperForm's advantages in production:
- Offers problem-solving solutions for the press shops 'most difficult-to-run parts
- Extra formability gives more options for addressing springback issues
- Very lean chemistry ensures excellent spot weldability