Insulated, secret-fix, smooth faced composite wall panel suitable for vertical and horizontal applications
Formawall® is a smooth faced, secret-fix, insulated wall panel, which is a one fix construction giving a high end architectural appearance. Available in 70mm, 90mm and 120mm insulation thicknesses and bespoke lengths up to 12m to minimise waste and provide U-values down to 0.17 W/m2K.
Formawall® is available in Colorcoat Prisma® pre-finished steel in a range of colours and sizes, and the extensive fabrication options, offers a design flexibility that enables architects to create unique and modern design solutions. The panel can be laid vertically or horizontally. The unique secret-fix joint design allows primary fixings to be hidden from view, which combined with the panel’s flat face provides outstanding flat external surface aesthetics.
To download our BIM objects for this product group, please click on the “Download BIM Objects” tab below.
Provides modern, high-end aesthetics
- Unique secret-fix joint design allows primary fixings to be hidden from view, which combined with the panel’s smooth flat surface provides an outstanding high end architectural appearance with uninterrupted lines.
- 50 year experience in manufacture and supply in the UK means we are uniquely able to offer high quality UK steel with full traceability and backing of the complete supply chain.
- Extensive range of colours available.
- Available with Platinum® Plus system guarantee of up to 30 years, covering an approved range of market leading, high-end components.
- 3-layer Colorcoat Prisma® pre-finished steel used as standard. Available in a wide range of UV resistant colours that include metallics and are guaranteed for long-term performance for up to 40 years with the Confidex® Guarantee.
Independent product verification for risk free specification
- Approved to FM Class 4880 and 4881 to an unlimited wall height.
- LPCB (Loss Prevention Certification Board) approval to LPS 1181 Part 1 helps reduce insurance premiums and assures reaction to fire performance.
- Fire resistance performance of 15 minutes insulation and 4 hours integrity achievable with enhanced fixing methods (horizontally or vertically laid).
- Manufactured in factory conditions operating to quality management standard BS EN ISO 9001:2015, environmental management standard BS EN ISO 14001: 2015 and occupational health and safety management scheme BS EN ISO 18001:2007.
- Product specification and performance in accordance with BS EN 14509, European Product Standard for CE Marking.
Excellent sustainability credentials
- The only PIR core flat panels on the market to be certified ‘very good’ to BRE’s responsible sourcing standard BES 6001, providing evidence of our corporate responsibility, that helps increase credits under the Responsible Sourcing of Materials section of BREEAM.
- Lower air permeability of the system reduces energy costs, carbon emission rates and facilitates compliance with Building Regulations (Part L2 & TH 6).
- Full traceability of all component materials and certified 'very good' to BRE's responsible soucing standard BES 6001.
Basic technical data
|Thickness (mm)||70, 90, 120|
|Maximum length (mm)||12000|
|Minimum length (mm)|
|Weight based on thickness in mm (kg/m2)|
Panel manufacturing tolerances*Panels ordered below the minimum on-line length will require off-line cutting and will be subject to a surcharge.
(L = length of measurement between high points)
|For L = 200mm, 0.6
For L = 400mm, 1.0
For L > 700mm, 1.5
|Cover width (mm)||+/- 2|
|Thickness (mm)||+/- 2|
|Squareness (mm)||< 6|
|Length (mm) < 3m||+/- 6|
|Length (mm) > 3m||+/- 10|
Tolerance is in accordance with BS EN 14509
Our Platinum® Plus system guarantee offers coverage for up to 30 years. Simply fill in your project details using our easy-to-use online specification tool or contact us directly.
We understand that complex buildings need tailored solutions, so our online specification tool has been designed by our technical team to help you create the right specification to suit the needs of your project, making sure all roofing and cladding components listed and are compatible and perform as a system. It also stores all the specifications you create for ease of access in ‘my projects’.
Creating a Platinum® Plus specification give you free access to our technical team that will support you from design to completion – including those all-important final checks during installation.
Platinum® Plus incorporates only the highest quality components that are designed to do what they say but also provide you with unrivalled choice and flexibility in the specification of your building envelope. The many benefits and reassurance it provides is what sets it apart from all other guarantees, making it the number one choice for complete peace of mind to truly lower the cost of ownership throughout the life of the building.
The Platinum Plus system guarantee needs to be registered by the specifier prior to the tender package being distributed. To find out more click here, alternatively please contact our technical team so that we can help you to guarantee the longevity of your building on +44 (0) 1244 892199.
The Formawall® system complies with the minimum requirements of the Conservation of Fuel and Power sections of the Building Regulations, Approved Document Part L2, England and Wales and Technical Handbook – Scotland. The panel construction offers highly consistent insulation performance, and the site-formed junctions provide a practical and effective method of ensuring good thermal performance.
|Thickness (mm)||U-value (W/m2K)*|
*Tata Steel figures computer modelled in accordance with EN ISO 10211, as stated in MCRMA Technical Note 14.
The Formawall® System has been tested to LPS1181-1 and is LPCB approved to both Grades EXT-B and EXT-A. Fire resistance performance of 15 mins insulation and 4 hours integrity is also achievable with enhance fixing and methods, contact the technical department for details. The internal surface of the panel complies with Class ‘O’ in accordance with the Building Regulations when tested to BS 476 Parts 6 & 7 and also achieves a Class B s2 rating in accordance with EN 13501-1.
Following rigorous structural and fire performance testing with FM Global, Formawall® panels have achieved FM Approvals certification to the following stringent standards:
4480: Class 1 Insulated wall and ceiling panels
4481: Class 1 Exterior wall systems (unlimited height)
Specifying and installing FM Approved products will provides assurance that the products have been objectively tested and confirm to the highest international standards. FM Approved roof and wall panel’s means you can be confident that your building envelope will withstand a broad range of fire and environmental risks, and be safe throughout its lifecycle.
<p>The acoustic performance of the Formawall® system has been predicted using software developed by the Department of Applied Acoustics, University of Salford, under a research contract funded by the Metal Cladding and Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA). The results below are based on a 70mm core.</p> <table class="table-dimensions" style="width: auto;" width="136"> <thead> <tr><th>Frequency (Hz)</th><th>SRI Values (dB)*</th><th>Frequency (Hz)</th><th>SRI Values (dB)*</th></tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr> <td>100</td> <td>12.5</td> <td>800</td> <td>27.6</td> </tr> <tr> <td>125</td> <td>14.0</td> <td>1,000</td> <td>29.3</td> </tr> <tr> <td>160</td> <td>15.7</td> <td>1,250</td> <td>31.0</td> </tr> <tr> <td>200</td> <td>17.3</td> <td>1,600</td> <td>33.0</td> </tr> <tr> <td>250</td> <td>20.6</td> <td>2,000</td> <td>34.7</td> </tr> <tr> <td>315</td> <td>22.4</td> <td>2,500</td> <td>36.5</td> </tr> <tr> <td>400</td> <td>24.0</td> <td>3,150</td> <td>36.7</td> </tr> <tr> <td>500</td> <td>25.8</td> <td>4,000</td> <td>34.6</td> </tr> <tr> <td>630</td> <td>27.6</td> <td>5,000</td> <td>32.1</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <p>Weighted S.R.I R<sub>w</sub> = 28.9dB</p> <p>*The predicted sound reduction index values should only be used to provide guidance for preliminary design and/or appraisal of cladding systems.</p>
Create online project specific specifications. Generate perfect building envelope systems that will bring your design to life. Our online specification builder is super easy to use, complete with 3D product previews and access to our full range of colours. You can also manage all your specifications from ‘My projects’ section of the tool.
We understand that complex buildings need tailored solutions, so our online specification tool has been designed by our technical team to help you create the right specification to suit the needs of your project, making sure all roofing and cladding components listed are compatible and perform as a system. And helping you to generate perfect building envelope systems that will bring your design to life.
Alternatively, our dedicated building envelope technical team are available to provide support and advice on the best product for your project. They are on hand to help with:
- Detail design.
- Wind loading calculations.
- U-value calculations.
- Load span checks.
- Acoustic SRI predictions.
- Specification writing.
- Advice on meeting Building Regulations, maximising BREEAM credits.
- Assistance with SBEM.
- Condensation risk analysis.
- Assistance in product testing.
Inhouse CPD seminars - Primarily aimed at engineers and architects, these free seminars last around 50 minutes, ending with a question & answer session and are delivered by our experienced regional teams. Topics include:
- Structural roof deck in construction
- Composite floor deck in construction
- Sustainable steel cladding refurbishment solutions
- Factory tour of Insulated panel lines
BIM: The way you want it
The DNA Profiler has been designed to allow you to access Tata Steel’s product information (3d parametric objects & data) how you want, when you want, to the level of detail you want, in the format you want.
|Formawall 120mm||BIM DNA Profiler|
In addition to our DNA Profiler, you can access our BIM content at BIMobject.com