Tata Steel has two integrated (blast furnace-based) steelmaking sites:
- IJmuiden in the Netherlands, producing slab, hot and cold rolled coil and coated strip products (galvanised coil and packaging steels).
- Port Talbot in south Wales, which produces slab, hot rolled, cold rolled and galvanised coil.
Steel is also made at a scrap-fed mini-mill complex in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, in northern England. Alloy and special steels are made at this site. Ultra-pure remelted steels are made at the nearby Stocksbridge works.
In addition, Tata Steel operates rolling mills and coating lines across Europe and further afield.
- Hot and cold rolled strip and galvanised coil is made at Llanwern in south Wales
- Metallic and organic coated sheet is made at various works:
- Galvanized coil at Shotton in North Wales and Segal at Ivôz-Ramet near Liège in Belgium;
- Colour-coated coil at Louvroil (Mauberge) in northern France, Shotton, and Adapazari near Izmit in Turkey;
- Tinplate and other packaging steels at Trostre near Llanelli in South Wales (which also has cold rolling facilities) and at Duffel in Belgium.
- Engineering steels are rolled at the Rotherham works.
- A wide variety of steel tubes is manufactured at Corby in the English East Midlands, Hartlepool on Teesside, and at Maastricht, Oosterhout and Zwijndrecht in the Netherlands.
- Electrical steels are produced by Cogent Power. Grain-oriented electrical sheet is produced at the Orb works in Newport, South Wales and non-grain oriented at Surahammar in Sweden. There is also a finishing plant at Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
- Electro plated strip is made at Düsseldorf and Trier in Germany and at Warren, Ohio and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania in the USA.
- Narrow strip is produced at the Layde works in Durango, northern Spain and the Brinsworth works in Rotherham; and coated narrow strip at Walsall in England’s West Midlands.
- The company makes bright bar at Wednesbury in the English West Midlands.
Tata Steel also runs a large number of distribution/processing, manufacturing and consulting businesses, as well as regional sales offices, in Europe, the Middle East, the USA and other parts of the world.