We all find ourselves in challenging circumstances, within our communities and across our businesses.
Our number one priority continues to be the safeguarding and care for our employees, our local communities, contractors and, of course, to reduce the impact from the recent coronavirus outbreak for our customers and suppliers.
We continue to work closely with customers and suppliers to ensure safe supply as they resume their operations.
Our cross-company coronavirus steering committee, comprising relevant internal experts, continues to meet and coordinate how we deal with the ongoing situation. At the same time we continue to take a range of proactive steps, which include:
- Keeping the number of visitors to our sites to a minimum
- For our manufacturing colleagues, we have increased the availability of hygiene products and maintain social distancing
- Increased the ability of colleagues to work from home across all functions where possible
- Infection reporting processes in place and monitored daily
- Scenario planning for changes in demand as part of the business planning processes.
For our customers we recognise the dynamic challenge across the entire value chain. Our priority has been to find a way through these challenges together so that we can resume the normal fulfilment of demand and work in tandem to re-build our businesses.
If you are a customer and have questions please do not hesitate to reach out to your Tata Steel in Europe commercial lead. By working together we can support each other as effectively during these challenging times and limit any impact of the outbreak on our teams, mutual value chain and businesses.
We will update this page with any key updates and changes to our response to the pandemic.