Meeting your application needs
For success in competitive, global markets, it’s vital that products perform at every stage in the supply chain. We work with you to ensure your material is suitable for a variety of processes and is fit for purpose in end use.
Focused on your supply chain
Application support is a recognised strength at Tata Steel and we have research centres dedicated to the engineering, automotive and packaging sectors. To meet your application needs, our CTS team uses substantial ‘in service’ knowledge and expertise to:
- evaluate material performance requirements in all steps through your chain
- establish the most relevant material properties for your end application.
We consider all steps in your supply chain when advising on material, we consider:
- component design
- surface treatment
- fatigue requirement
- corrosion protection requirement
- effect of temperature on end product use
- end-product performance requirements such as strength or lightweighting.
Saving you time and money
To ensure quick analysis and resolution we bring mobile testing facilities directly onto your site. Our capability includes:
- full-field strain distribution mapping
- techniques to couple material properties with tooling-related geometry.
Because product performance can be influenced by several factors, we work alongside you to evaluate the impact of your product’s design, the material you are using and your manufacturing environment.
Dedicated analysis and testing
So you can avoid investment in non-core R&D, we offer dedicated analysis and testing to meet your application needs. We use up-to-date support methodology and testing facilities to help you:
- eliminate processing problems
- optimise your processes
- get the best from our material.
Our extensive and proven capability includes:
- prototyping for application development
- a wide range of component testing – high-impact, corrosion, compression, fatigue, static and dynamic dent
- advanced geometric measurement of end-product contours and profiles.