Carbon Lite represents a unique solution for customers in the form of a flexible, lower CO2 building product offerings for your projects.
Optemis Carbon Lite is a fully certified in-setting scheme verified by leading assurance organisation DNV.
Our continued commitment to decarbonisation means reductions in CO2 emissions can now be passed on to our customers, enabling them to achieve immediate Scope 3 emission savings.
Revenues generated from the sale of Optemis Carbon Lite certificates are used to fund additional projects, generating further CO2 savings to be verified by DNV and speeding up our decarbonisation efforts. By buying Optemis Carbon Lite from Building Systems UK we, and our customers, will be actively contributing to a reduction in atmospheric CO2.
The answer is simple... direct decarbonisation of your supply chain
- The CO2 savings are real and have already been made and verified by DNV
- The revenue from certificates is demonstrably ploughed back into funding of new projects to accelerate the pace of steelmaking decarbonisation
- The CO2 emissions reductions will be reflected in improved EPD figures when the EPDs are refreshed
- Savings can help you achieve your own targets for CO2 emissions reduction including SBTi targets
- It is a flexible system, the number of certificates flexed to achieve the carbon footprint you want.
- Is based on Tata Steel UK's actual performance, not European average figures
- Absolute reductions are calculated relative to Tata Steel EPDs produced according to the worldsteel methodology and aligned to ISO standards
- Achievable reductions are restricted to those 'made inside the boundaries of Tata Steel production facilities - to ensure the CO2 impact of purchased goods such as ores, alloys, coatings and other products are not inadvertently included
- Avoids double-counting of CO2 emissions reductions through transparent reporting and by linking reductions to product carbon footprints and not site emissions
- CO2 savings can be made anywhere with Tata Steel production operations, so can accelerate decarbonisation through the entire steel processing route
- By buying Carbon Lite you are actually supporting a reduction in the amount of CO2 being released into the atmosphere.
How to reduce your scope 3 carbon emmisions with Building Systems UK Carbon Lite product.
Trisobuild® site assembled insulated roof panel systems
= 31kg CO2e/m2 saving
ComFlor® composite metal floor decking
= 42kg CO2e/m2 saving
Trimapanel® PIR insulated wall panels
= 34kg CO2e/m2 saving
RoofDek steel roof decking
= 51kg CO2e/m2 saving
Trisomet® steel insulated roof panels
= 23kg CO2e/m2 saving
Trisobuild® steel insulated panels
= 25kg CO2e/m2 saving
Building Systems UK Technical Team - Building Envelope