Making it last
As a manufacturer you need steels that are strong and resilient, corrosion and wear resistant and yet easy to shape, cut and weld. We support your material needs, backed up by services which support you in your sustainable vehicle design, engineering and manufacturing.
- Our boron manganese and Valast® wear resistant ranges make your applications last under the toughest conditions
- Our Ympress® sheet and hot and cold formed tubes are the fundament for your machines
- Our corrosion resistant Colorcoat®, MagiZinc®, and Z600 products ensure your buildings, poles, and fencing withstand harsh corrosion environments.
- Our low CO2 footprint and firm commitment to become CO2 neutral by 2045 ensures you produce using sustainable steel
- Our supply solutions ensure you have your material when you need it
- Our technical team is there to support you in optimising your production
- Our Advanced Engineering team can help you to incorporate the best steel solutions into your current and future vehicle designs.
Understanding your issues and challenges
We understand that the choice and application of steel has a big impact on fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.
We offer predictable steel quality for efficient processing and all the benefits of a local supplier who understands your needs, responds fast and delivers on time. It's vital that you can start with the right ingredients:
- for fast laser cutting and precise bending operations you want a highly consistent quality with the right steel chemistry, surface appearance and tight dimensional tolerances
- for any production challenges our team understands your technical needs and processing requirements. We offer decades of co-design experience and continue to use our wide knowledge base and expertise to develop products and services to meet your needs
- we offer reliable delivery and a pro-active customer service team to plan your next on time delivery so you maintain continuous production
- to ensure a sustainable future our products are produced at efficient steel sites, minimising emissions to produce and transport material.
These ingredients give you the opportunity to optimise your operations, strengthen your customer base, expand your product range, target new and demanding market segments – and ultimately grow your business.
For long-lasting performance
Agricultural boron manganese steels for soil cultivation tools, including our 22MnB5 to 38MnB5 range, are available with a varying range of carbon content. Our experts will gladly support you, looking at the chemistry required and heat treatment process so we can offer the right solution that matches the hardness level needed for the job. We can tailor chemistries to match your requirements.
For wear parts our Valast® wear resistant steel offers the extended wear protection that your machines need.
For strong and resilient machines
Ympress is ideal for agricultural chassis. Available in grades from S355MC to S960MC, Ympress is highly formable and delivers weight savings and increased component strength. Tata Steel's hot formed Celsius® (355-460NH) and our Hybox® TT (355-700 MH) tubes with tight tolerances go beyond the European standard EN 10219. Hybox TT offers half the dimensional tolerances to enable trouble-free, automated production.
Ympress, Celsius and Hybox TT offer a consistent, ready-to-paint surface finish without the need to shot blast, saving time and money.
Our corrosion resistant solutions
For farm and livestock buildings to last in open agricultural environments we recommend using our MagiZinc-based Colorcoat pre-finished steel. It is designed to hold its colour for decades. Silo builders often choose MagiZinc 310 or a galvanised Z600 coating to withstand tough environments.
Further, for wine poles, fences or other profiled parts, MagiZinc offers the corrosion protection that you expect in these demanding applications.
Our product solutions
We offer a wide range of hot-rolled, tubular and galvanised steels for your agricultural vehicles and building. Our products are developed to ensure you can focus on your business, while your machines operate reliable based on our steels and your farm buildings last decades.
Our high strength Ympress, Hybox TT, Celsius and our newest high performance XPF® products deliver the stiffness, strength, formability and weldability needed for reliable performance and cost-effective processing.
Your machines and spare parts withstand heavy wear and tear with our boron manganese and Valast wear resistant steels. While our MagiZinc, heavy coat Z600, and Colorcoat endure all tough climate conditions.
Our material experts are there to support the deployment of our products in your specific application area. For more information contact our agriculture experts.
A cost-effective supply chain
From our coastal steelmaking sites we can deploy a global transport infrastructure that allows us to supply cost-effectively into every part of the world. Our service centre locations are strategically placed throughout Europe to efficiently supply you according to your demands:
Our supply chain capabilities include:
- cutting and slitting wide coil up to 25mm thick and in widths up to 2050mm
- tailored stock keeping solutions for OEM and processors
- a wide structural hollow section product offering
- processed parts via our profiling centre.
Designing better performance, safer and more sustainable vehicles
Our engineering experts have helped to improve the design of numerous agricultural vehicles. They are available to offer design advice on how our steel solutions could help you in improving your equipment with even tougher, longer lasting vehicles or more efficient design. They can also provide advice on reducing CO2 footprint with more fuel-efficient vehicles or more efficient production.
For more information contact our advanced engineering support team.
Heat treatable steel
(Boron manganese grades / high-carbon grade)
Click here for general contact details