We are building the leading European steel business that is sustainable in every sense.
Every day 20,000 people make the difference by creating more value, in closer partnership with customers, enjoying working, innovating, sharing and learning together.
We are passionate about preserving our planet and taking care of our communities, and we make sure we source our raw materials as well as producing and transporting our steel in a responsible and ever more sustainable way.
At Tata Steel we are committed to making a positive impact to the world we live in.
It is embedded in our hearts and defines everything we do. That is why we are building the leading European steel business, one which is sustainable in every sense: sustainable in how we operate, sustainable in the products and services we make and source, and in how we take responsibility for the world around us.
Tata Steel is a Tata Group company and we are driven by a single purpose. We are committed to improving the quality of life of the communities we serve. We do this by striving for leadership and global competitiveness in the business sectors in which we operate. Our practice of returning to society what we earn evokes trust among consumers, employees, shareholders and the community. We are committed to protecting this heritage of leadership with trust through the manner in which we conduct our business.
This purpose is translated into a vision for the steel industry and Tata Steel in particular aims to be the global steel industry benchmark for value creation and corporate citizenship. Our corporate values: pioneering, responsibility, excellence, unity and integrity, guide us in achieving this vision.
In Europe we develop long-term partnerships with customers in our chosen markets by unlocking the potential of steel.
We seek to create innovative products and services to help our customers overcome their challenges and be more successful in their markets.
We do this in a responsible way. Nothing is more important than the safety of the people who work on our sites. At the same time we act responsibly towards the environment and the communities we operate in.
We have five strategic priorities in Europe: Customer Focus, Innovation, Operational Excellence, Responsibility and People.
- Our sales and marketing approach focuses on some of the world’s most demanding markets, including construction and infrastructure, automotive, packaging and engineering.
- We are investing in projects to improve our product mix and service offering and we are transforming our internal supply chain to improve customer service levels.
- Our teams work closely with customers to understand their needs which dictate our production, supply chains and delivery activities.
- We pursue a strategy of market differentiation, which involves maximizing the proportion of differentiated products and services in our sales – products and services that few or no others can offer make us stand out.
- We conduct research programs aimed at developing cutting-edge manufacturing and product technology and at improving the sustainability of steel products through their life cycles.
- We seek to work as closely as possible with our customers to develop the new products and services which they need to succeed in their own markets, believing that we succeed if our customers do.
- We are constantly investing to upgrade our manufacturing and distribution facilities in order to improve their performance and cost competitiveness.
- We aim to establish best practice in our production plants, supply chain management and delivery activities in order to optimize service to customers.
- The improvements we make ensure higher levels of safety for our people which reducing possible impact on the environment.
- We act responsibly towards the environment in all our activities, focusing on sustainable raw materials usage, water and energy conservation, waste utilization, emissions reduction and land reclamation.
- We support the development of breakthrough technologies to deal with the challenge of carbon emissions.
- We support the communities we operate in by promoting sport and education while encouraging their economic, environmental, educational and social development through financial support, the provision of materials and the time and enthusiasm of our employees.
The safety of our employees is our number one priority.
- We are committed to the people who are instrumental to our success, our employees.
- We engage our employees and develop their capability through training.
- We foster teamwork, nurture talent, enhance leadership capability and encourage our employees to act with pace, pride and passion.