- Fully normalized structural hollow sections, compliant with EN 10210:S355NH
- Normalized fine grain steel, so free of internal stresses and with a minimum strength of 355N/mm2 allowing the highest fabrication factors and enabling material cost savings and lighter structures
- Supplied normalized and compliant to both ‘NH’ and ‘J2H’ classifications
- Available in a wide size range of square (40 x 40 x 3.2mm to 400 x 400 x 16mm) rectangular (50 x 30 x 3.2mm to 500 x 300 x 16mm), elliptical (300 x 150 x 8mm to 500 x 250 x 16mm) and circular (42.4 x 3.2mm to 508 x 16mm) hollow sections
- Tight corner radii (<2T) exceeding the standard - enhancing the product’s aesthetic appeal whilst avoiding the risk of brittle fracture which occurs in some cold formed products
- Excellent dimensional consistency, high levels of formability, suitable for galvanising and, because the steel is fully-killed, excellent weldability
- Fully compliant with CE marking and certified as suitable for all structural applications; overcomes design risks associated with other forms of hollow sections
- Certified as suitable for mechanical applications, especially those involving cyclical loading
- Suitable for low temperature applications (40J @ -20°C)
- Batch-tested to give the properties of the specific delivered material; full test certification supplied
- Clearly marked as Celsius® S355NH, and supplied with a 3.1 test certificate for the reassurance of batch traceability
- Full technical support available
- Excellent supply availability through approved stockholders
High strength hot finished hollow sections suitable for all construction and mechanical applications. Celsius® 355 is suitable for all internal and external applications to BS5950-1:2000, EN1993 and BS5400.
Celsius® 355 hollow sections are supplied with a minimum yield strength of 355 N/mm2 and comply fully with the European Standard for hot finished structural hollow sections, EN10210:S355NH.
|Yield strength;ReHmin N/mm2;||Tensile strength;
|Elongation % min
L0;= 5,65 √S0
10mm x 10mm
|T ≤ 16mm||T > 16mm||3mm < T ≤ 100mm||T||ºC||J|
Chemical composition % by mass
|C max||Si max||Mn||P max||S max||Nb max||V ma||Al total min||Ti max||Cr max||Ni max||Mo max||Cu max||N max|
Celsius® 355 is produced from fully-killed steel – critical to formability and weldability.
Inspection and testing
Celsius® hollow sections EN10210:S355NH are subject to specific inspection and testing and are supplied with an inspection certificate type 3.1 to EN10204.
Celsius S355NH is available across the size range indicated in the tables, minimum order quantities may apply. Intermediate sizes may also be available. For further information or specific requests, please contact us.
Celsius S355NH is available in standard lengths from 6.0m to 14.5m for sizes up to 100/100 or 120/80 and up to 15.3m for all other sizes.
|Circular hollow sections (CHS)|
|Square hollow sections (RHS)|
|Rectangular hollow sections (RHS)|
Celsius weathering grade is manufactured and CE marked according to EN 10210-1&2:2006 grade S355NH.
All Celsius products are manufactured under Factory Production Control conditions and FPC certification is available upon request. The full Declaration of Performance for all of our Celsius range can be downloaded from our DoP download centre.
Our team of dedicated engineers are on-hand to support engineers to make the most of our range of Celsius fully normalized hollow sections.
Email us on email@example.com or phone on +44 (0)1536 404561 to speak to the team.
We also provide a number of free tools to make your specification of Celsius hollow sections as simple as possible:
- Celsius design app - for quick and easy sizing of hollow sections (iOS and Android)
- The Blue Book – the definitive guide to designing across our full range
- Welded Joints calculation software
- Firesoft for designing concrete-filled, fire-resistant columns
- BIM Objects – available to download from our innovative BIM DNA Profiler