A major design consideration in any building’s construction is the requirement for building services and how to integrate any required services easily and effectively at the earliest stage of the design.
Designed and manufactured by Lindapter, the new anchor, entitled ‘Type COM’, is an anchor fixing designed to provide an efficient and economical fixing for suspending a variety of equipment including HVAC systems, fire protection, pipework, electrical items’ and lower ceilings.
The shape of the dovetail on the ComFlor® 60 and ComFlor® 80 floor deck profiles has been utilised to accommodate the steel wedge component which when attached securely into the dovetail allows services to be suspended from the ComFlor® slab, simply and easily.
Wayne Golden, Lindapter International said “The Type COM is the latest addition to Lindapter’s extensive range of decking fixings. It was developed at Tata Steel’s request when they asked Lindapter to design and manufacture a connection point for suspending services from their popular ComFlor 60 and ComFlor 80 composite floor deck profiles. The fixing locks inside the dovetail re-entrant channel of the profile and unlike shot firing methods, this zero-impact method preserves the strength of the deck and avoids delamination (separating the steel from the concrete) and damage to the deck. As with all Lindapter products, safe working loads are independently approved and rigorous quality procedures ensure a secure connection with a 1.25kN Safe Working Load per fixing”.
Available now, the CE Marked fixing offers genuine efficiencies for contractors
- It can be installed quickly and easily within seconds.
- It can be adjusted for precise alignment onsite without any requirement for specialist labour, and expensive tools or power.
- It has zero-impact installation.
- No damage to the decking.
- No requirement for specialist labour/tools.
- Independently approved and CE Marked (CE DOP No.023)
- Product Code – COM10
- European Technical Assessment (ETA) No. 20/0920
- Characteristic pull-out resistance per fixing Ft,Rk = 2.15kN when designing to EC3
- General Safe Working Load of 1.25kN (Factor of Safety 3:1)
- Wedge anchor material: Carbon Steel with a minimum tensile strength of 300N/mm2
- Wedge anchor coating: Electro deposited coating EN ISO 2081 Fe/Zn5/A
- Wedge anchor locking plate material: Mild Steel Strip to BS EN 10346 DX52D.
- Wedge anchor locking plate coating: + Z275-N-A-C or equivalent
- Threaded bar M10 to EN ISO 898-1 Property Class 4.6 or higher
- Hex nut to EN ISO 898-2 Property Class 4 or higher
- Plain washer to EN ISO 7089
- Tightening torque 10Nm