Hybox® is a cold formed, high-grade multi-purpose hollow section, offering trusted formability and toughness. It is batch-tested for your assurance and perfect for projects where you require guaranteed minimum strength and mechanical properties. It can be used in a wide range of structural and engineering applications, including all those where specific properties and compliance with design codes are required.
Hybox® fully complies with the European Standard for cold formed structural hollow sections, EN10219 S355 J2H and is used in a wide range of construction and mechanical related applications including wind bracing and machinery.
Hybox® 355 - Cold formed structural hollow section
Key product features:
- Excellent quality, made with steel from a high quality production process
- Minimum strength of 355 N/mm2
- Properties suitable for low temperature applications (27J @ -20°C)
- Dimensional consistency and corner radius controlled
- High levels of formability and, because the steel is fully-killed, excellent weldability
- Suitable for applications demanding specific properties
- Suitable for structural applications and fully compliant with design codes
- Batch-tested to give the properties of the specific delivered material; full test certification supplied
- Clearly marked as Hybox 355, with the reassurance of batch traceability
- Specific technical support available
- Excellent supply availability through approved stockholders
- All Hybox 355 material is CE marked and is fully compliant with the Construction Products Regulation (CPR)
- Suitable for galvanising
|Yield strength ReH min N/mm2||Tensile strength Rm min N/mm2||Elongation % min L0 = 5,65 √S0 specimen||Impact strength 10mm x 10mm||Carbon equivalent (CEV) max|
|T≤16mm||T < 3mm||3mm≤T≤40mm||T ≤ 40mm||ºC||J|
|355||510-680||470 - 630||20||-20*||27||0.45|
* For section sizes D/T < 15 (circular) and (B+H)/ 2T < 12.5 (square/rectangle) min elongation is reduced by 2%.
% by mass
Hybox® 355 is produced from fully killed steel - critical to formability and weldability.
Hybox® 355 are available in sizes from 26.9 x 2.0 OD up to and including 508.0 x 16 OD in our circular hollow sections range and from 25 x 25 x 2.0 up to and including 300 x 300 x 12.5 and the equivalent rectangles in our rectangular hollow section range.
Hybox 355 is supplied with a test report 3.1 to EN10204. Standard lengths are 7.5 metres and 12.0 metres, with special mill lengths from 6 metres up to 18m available by arrangement.
Further details of specific size and grade combinations are available upon request.
Dimensional tolerances are in accordance with EN10219: Part 2
|Circular||Square / Rectangular - Side length (mm)||Square / Rectangular - Tolerance|
|Outside dimension (D B and H)||±1% with a min of ±0.50mm and a max of ±10mm||H,B < 100
100 ≤ H,B ≤ 200
H, B > 200
|±1% with a min of ±0.5mm
|Thickness (T)||For D ≤ 406.4mm
T ≤ 5mm ±10%
T > 5mm ±0.50mm
|T ≤ 5mm
T > 5mm
|Out of roundness (O)||For D > 406.4mm
±10% with a max of ±2mm
2% for D/T < 100, where D/T ≥ 100 out of
roundness tolerance to be agreed
|Concavity/ Convexity (independent
tolerance on outside dimensions)
|-||Max 0.8% with a min of 0.5mm|
|Squareness of side||-||90º ± 1|
|External corner profile
(radius need not
be tangential to the sides)
EN10219: Part 2 Table 3
|-||T ≤ 6.0
6.0 < T ≤ 10.0
T > 10.0
|1.6T to 2.4T
2.0T to 3.0T
2.4T to 3.6T
|Twist (V)||-||2mm plus 0.5mm/m length|
|Straightness||0.20% of total length & 3mm over any 1m length||0.15% of total length & 3mm over any 1m length|
|Mass (M)||±6% on individual lengths||±6% on individual lengths|
|Length||-0 +50mm||-0 +50mm|
Download Declaration of Performance (DoP) below:
Design data for structural hollow sections
The essential aid for the design of steelwork
Comprehensive section property data is provided in this ‘blue book’ as well as tables of member resistances, which are given for both Celsius® and Hybox® structural hollow sections. This enables rapid selection of steel members in compression and bending. Tables are also provided for combined bending and compression, web resistance and shear resistance. This edition provides resistances in accordance with Eurocode 3 together with the relevant UK and German National Annexes, as well as resistances to BS 5950.
Click here to access our Design data / Blue Book.