Social media channels from Tata Steel in Europe
In the latest episode of Tata Steel's podcast focusing on the challenges and opportunities of decarbonising the UK steel industry, Gareth Brookes spoke to industry and academic leaders at the second UK Metals Expo at Birmingham's NEC.
The Expo took place just days before Tata Steel announced a proposal to decarbonise its UK operations with support from the UK Government.
At the Expo, metal suppliers, manufacturers, customers and competitors alike came together under the same roof and one thing was clear: we’re not going to get far without each other.
Amongst the many questions being discussed at the Expo about the UK steel industry included:
- What will decarbonisation look like for the UK steel industry?
- Can we decarbonise the economy without steel?
- What would electric arc furnaces mean for the company’s operations and customers throughout UK supply chains?
- Is carbon capture and storage a viable option?
- With new technology on the horizon, how will we fill the skills gap?
Tata Steel’s Gareth Brookes spoke to industry and academic leaders – including UK Metals Expo chairman, Lord Rupert Redesdale – to find out.
Listen to the podcast on your favourite channel - Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google or podbean, or click here
You can also watch the interviews on Tata Steel UK's YouTube channel