As we approach the end of another busy year for the steel industry, we would like to wish everyone associated with our business a safe, peaceful, and joyous festive period.
A hearty thanks go out to all those employees and contractor partners who continue to keep our plants running and our customers served, even on the coldest days and throughout the holidays – please stay safe in all that you do.
To our customers and suppliers on whom our business depends so much, thank you for your custom, your loyalty and your partnership.
To our parent company in India, we extend our thanks for your long-term support for our company, for your continued investment and faith, and for your unrelenting support on our journey.
We also owe a debt of gratitude to the communities that surround our sites who continue to be our strongest supporters, and from where we get so much of the new talent that joins our business every year.
And to all the thousands of others who work with us, collaborate with us, and continue to support us in any way they can, thank you!
Tata Steel UK is an iconic industry that is fundamental to its communities, underpins the UK manufacturing and technology supply chains, and is at the heart of industrial Britain.
Next year will undoubtedly bring its challenges, but hopefully it will also bring many more opportunities to push the boundaries of developing our products, our people and our ambitions.
Thank you to all those who have been with us on our journey this year.
We look forward to being even better together in 2023
About Tata Steel UK
- The Tata Steel Group has been named one of the most ethical companies in the world, and is among the top producing global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of 34 million tonnes.
- Tata Steel in the UK has the ambition to produce net-zero steel by 2050 at the latest, and to have reduced 30% of its CO2 emissions by 2030.
- Tata Steel is the largest steelmaker in the UK with primary steelmaking at Port Talbot in South Wales supporting manufacturing and distribution operations at sites across Wales, England and Northern Ireland as well as Norway, Sweden, France and Germany. It also benefits from a network of international sales offices around the world.
- Tata Steel employs more than 8,000 people and has an annual crude steel capacity of 5 million tonnes, supplying high-quality steel products to demanding markets, including construction and infrastructure, automotive, packaging and engineering.
- Tata Steel Group is one of the world's most geographically-diversified steel producers, with operations and a commercial presence across the world.
- The Group recorded a consolidated turnover of US $32.83 Bn in the financial year ending March 31, 2022.