We are building a leading steel company that is sustainable in every way.
Steel is an infinitely recyclable material and therefore an essential part of modern society and a sustainable future.
Our strategy is closely aligned with the United Nations' Key Sustainable Development Goals
We feel a strong responsibility to play a positive role in shaping a sustainable society. To achieve this, we focus on three topics:
- Leading the way in sustainable steel making;
- Responsible steel producer in all respects;
- Enabling customers to become more sustainable
Leading in the field of sustainable steel making
As an innovator in the field of sustainable steel production, we want to continuously improve the way steel is made and make it more sustainable. With an eye and heart for people, the environment, surroundings and company. We have the ambition to be a CO2e neutral steel producer by 2050.
A responsible steel producer in all respects
We do everything we can to be a steel producer that is responsible in all respects. From our supply chain, the transport of our products to our human resources policy and our impact on the environment.
Enabling customers to become more sustainable
Our customers can count on our expertise in making their value chain more sustainable and in making sustainable products that society needs.
In steelmaking, our ambition for 2045 is to produce steel in a carbon-neutral way. By 2030, we aim to reduce our CO2e emissions by 30% in the UK, and by 40% in the Netherlands.
In our products and services, we are continually innovating. We are finding sustainable solutions which are stronger, last longer and use fewer resources to produce. For example:
- Stronger steels which allow cars to be lighter and more fuel efficient
- Designing solutions with our customers to reduce waste and make steel products safer and more sustainable
- Encouraging recycling and reuse
- Using the latest technology to design products which support a circular economy and the use of renewable resources.